35 hours of video, all 12 Synthesis MasterClasses, 2 Live Performance workshops... lifetime access.
MASTERCLASS #1 - 3.5 HOURS OF VIDEO
AN INTRODUCTION TO SYNTHESIS, SOUND DESIGN, AND THE SUBTRACTIVE THEORY.
Learn the most important facets of synthesis, and how they can be used to create amazing patches.
- Learn how synths work - finally feel comfortable editing sounds
- Get a real understanding of how to use envelopes, lfos, and waveforms
- Look over my shoulder as I create really useful patches from scratch - then go recreate them in your world
- Students leave this class feeling empowered and exhilarated at what is possible - and how simple it can be
MASTERCLASS #2 - 3.5 HOURS OF VIDEO
EFFECTS MASTERCLASS PART 1 - REVERB, DELAY, CHORUS
MASTER THE USE OF SPACIAL EFFECTS.
Learn how to master the art of using reverb, delay and chorus to create amazing patches, sounds, textures and spaces. A hallmark of my sound, these effects can greatly aid any sound designer in creating awe inspiring and spine tingling sounds.
- What to look for in a great Reverb
- How to use Chorus the way it was originally intended to be used
- Ping Pong Delays
- Shimmer Reverbs
- Weird effects
MASTERCLASS #3 - 3 HOURS OF VIDEO
EFFECTS MASTERCLASS PART 2: COMPRESSION, + EQ
MASTER THE USE OF DYNAMICS AND TONE SHAPING
Learn how to shape sounds with dynamics processing and EQ. Learn what Compression does, and how it can be used to your advantage. Learn how to clean up sounds and sculpt them effortlessly.
- Compressing Pianos, Electric Pianos, and Synths
- Cleaning up sounds and mixes with EQ
- How to identify problem frequencies
- Sidechain compression - including an uncanny use you probably haven't seen before
- Finally understand the difference between using too much compression, and being creative/inspired
MASTERCLASS #4 - 3.5 HOURS OF VIDEO
THE SOUGHT AFTER PIANO TONE BEHIND JESUS CULTURE, BETHEL, KARI JOBE AND MORE - IN YOUR SOFTWARE
My signature piano sound - my approach to creating amazing piano patches that can be used in nearly any scenario - software, VSTs, hardware - it will even help in the studio with actual pianos.
- My process for making ordinary piano sounds warm, punchy, and huge
- Tips and tricks to correct annoying problems with piano patches
- My counter-intuitive ideas about pianos, compression, and tone
- Examples from Reason, Ableton, Alicia's Keys, The Giant, and more
MASTERCLASS #5 - 3 HOURS OF VIDE
THE FUN, EXCITING USES OF ARPEGGIOS, LFOS, FILTER GATES, AND MORE
How to approach the rhythmic elements of synthesis.
- Understanding the capabilites of LFOs
- Knowing how Filter Gates differ from LFOs, and how to use them creatively
- Use cases that span from subtle and warm, to punchy and huge
- Single note arpeggio examples
- Poly arp examples
- The often overlooked role of layering in arpeggios
MASTERCLASS #6 - 2.5 HOURS OF VIDEO
SYNTH PATCH MASTERCLASS
THE INFINITE USES OF SPECIFIC SYNTH SOUNDS AND HOW THEY ARE CREATED
My unique style of creating patches that can be used in "infinite" ways and how you can take that into your creative endeavors.
- The process of creating amazing synth patches
- Why some patches can be used in any song, album and genre
- Look over my shoulder and recreate a myriad of sounds including the Tropical Pluck, the Useful Saw, Step Bass, Verby Lead, Poly Saw, PortaGlide Saw, and more
- Learn how to dissect sounds in order to recreate them
MASTERCLASS #7 - 3.5 HOURS OF VIDEO
PERFORMANCE, LIVE SETS, PRACTICAL APPROACH, AND SOUND CHECKS
DON'T REINVENT THE WHEEL - PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE TO HELP YOU SUCCEED.
What most people learn on stage by trial and error, I'll show you directly.
- How to choose sounds for a live set
- Tracks vs patches
- The best sound check strategy ever
- Simple chord forms for pads
- Simple piano patterns for beginners
- Troubleshooting for beginners
- Live set controls and transitions
MASTERCLASS #8 - 1.5 HOURS OF VIDEO
SEQUENCING AND PRODUCTION THEORY
HOW TO APPROACH SEQUENCING AND PRODUCTION FOR MAXIMUM RESULTS
The theories and concepts behind how I approach sequencing and studio work. In this series I lay out a repeatable framework and approach to creating consistently great sequences and arrangements.
- Topics include dynamics, the frequency spectrum, the stereo field, layering, movement/intervals, and energy
- Examples are taken directly from songs I recorded with Jesus Culture
MASTERCLASS #9 - 3.5 HOURS OF VIDEO
OVERDUBS, PRE-PRODUCTION, AND THE STUDIO
ENLIGHTENING TRICKS, TIPS, IDEAS AND EXAMPLES FROM MY WORK
Look over my shoulder as I show you around my studio world. Inside students will find a lot of professional advice - including how to setup your demo templates, tips for working with clients, and specific tricks that can only be pulled off with software.
- Practical Topics: Defining a great production, organizing your session, what to include in your templates, hard drive organization, working with clients
- Tips/Tricks: duplicating/parallel/aux, octaves/pitch tricks, randomizing, humanizing, panning, reverse tricks, vocal textures, and more
MASTERCLASS #10 - 1 HOUR OF VIDEO, 6 EXAMPLE SONGS, 2 CHEAT SHEETS
INSTRUMENTALS AND SONGWRITING AS A KEYBOARDIST
HOW TO CREATE INSTRUMENTALS THAT ENCOURAGE
Look through my sessions I've sent to clients to co-write on songs like Love Came Down, God I Look To You, and more.
- Learn about the balance between too much and not enough
- Moving vs polished
- How dynamics differ in song writing and sequencing
- How to best serve a lyricist or melody writer
- A cheat sheet of chord progressions
- Many practical examples that will show students how simple and easy the process can be
- Practical business advice for creating a thriving song writing community
MASTERCLASS #11 - COMING EARLY JANUARY
CREATE REALISTIC DRUM GROOVES IN YOUR DEMOS, PRODUCTIONS, AND IDEAS
What drummers know that we don't. What mix engineers have figured out that we haven't yet.
- How to humanize robotic drums
- Understanding the elements of drums that are naturally random
- How to be objective with drum tone
- How to turn any DAW into a step sequencer
- The art of creating grooves that don't sound like a loop
- Simple drum grooves to know and understand
MASTERCLASS #12 - COMING LATE JANUARY 2017
FM, GRANULAR AND ADDITIVE SYNTHESIS
THE WEIRD AND ESOTERIC ELEMENTS OF SYNTHESIS - AND HOW TO USE THEM EFFECTIVELY
How to take these otherwise confusing synthesis concepts and create useful and inspiring patches.
- The ideas that separate FM, Granular, and Additive from Subtractive Synthesis
- What is identical amongst all the synthesis concepts
- What you ACTUALLY need to understand about them
- What each does well, and where it's typically weak
LIVE PERFORMANCE WORKSHOPS
HOW TO USE THESE IDEAS LIVE, AND HOW TO RUN TRACKS
My two acclaimed workshops from 2015 - Transform Your Live Rig and A-Z Live Tracks In Ableton.
- Learn how to transform your live rig from a "box full of patches," to a dynamic and powerful synthesis system capable of infinite sound possibilities
- How to setup your hardware controls for maximum capability
- Learn about the power of busses
- Learn how to run tracks in a spontaneous environment
- Learn how to setup tracks to be spontaneous and yet have a minimum amount of button presses
- Keep everything CPU friendly