It's my hope that this workshop will dramatically shape the way you approach live performance - whether you use ABLETON, MAINSTAGE, or hardware - I specifically focused on making this workshop relevant to YOU.
I've been hearing very similar things from many people: "I spent all this time and money buying and learning this software, and now it feels like there's less flexibility and more things to go wrong." Which is sad, as software should exist to make us MORE flexible, and open up an infinite realm of possibility. And it can. It's simple actually.
For this workshop, I set out to create the most useful, applicable training for live control of software ever, while focusing on making the training relevant to EVERYONE who has a digital setup of any kind. Yes I mean pretty much everyone. This is a workshop you won't want to miss.
There are a few key things I've done to set my rig up that give me the ability to DRAMATICALLY change my sound, while being in complete control. It's simple, effect, efficient (don't worry about your CPU,) and most of all FUN.
Join me for a 3 1/2 hour workshop entitled "Transform Your Live Rig." This workshop is $40 to attend.
I'll be showing my own Ableton/Reason setup that I am currently using to run our 2015 live recording, as well as showing how to apply those exact principles to MAINSTAGE. Yes, that's right, there will be both MAINSTAGE and ABLETON/REASON examples. I'm also going to spend time showing how you can accomplish most of this - without any computer at all - just on hardware synths.
If you've ever thought that your live rig is lacking, or ever wondered EXACTLY how I approach live performance, you won't want to miss this workshop. We really don't have to settle for a live setup that feels static and boring - we can create something interesting that imprints our specific personality on what we play. Don't just bring a piece of software with patches, bring your personality to your team!
What We'll Cover:
- How specifically to setup your live rig for maximum flexibility (with specific examples for MainStage, Ableton, and Reason)
- The most important controls to have available to you at all times
- The redundancies I have in place in order to be sure I never get caught off guard.
- A new mindset for live performance, not often discussed or put into action
- What specific effects you need available, as well as what ones you don't!
- How to learn this well enough to pull off this Sunday - THIS WILL ALL BE APPLICABLE TO YOU IMMEDIATELY
- MainStage concert and patch examples, routing and MIDI control
- Ableton Bus strategy that allows the most flexibility.
- Gear... gear... and more gear